Philosophy of the Day


ThinkExist Dynamic daily quotation

Thursday 21 February 2008

BATM and VoIP

A couple of years ago I made a very unsual investment in a technology company called BATM. Unusual for me in that at the time they were loss making and I didn't really understand their product other that it was hardware to support VoIP (Voice over Internet Protocol) and I had an idea making free calls over the internet would prove very attractive. The interesting part was the company was full of cash so could easily support the R&D and sales effort needed. Today they reported exceptionally strong results for 2007, well ahead of estimates. Sales +32%, PBT +190%. The best bit is they are only just getting started with big contracts so there is lots more to come. My investment has now doubled and needless to say I've learned a lot more about VoIP! Bloomberg interview with CEO Zvi Maron

No comments: